How to Become a Touch for Health Instructor
Basic Steps (see below for more details)
1. Successfully complete TFH Levels 1 – 4
2. Successfully complete a Touch for Health study workbook.
3. Successfully complete a Proficiency Assessment.
4. Successfully complete a TFH Instructor Training Workshop (ITW).
5. Set up a Touch for Health Workshop and Teach!
6. Repeat number 5 frequently.
• Completion of the study workbook is required before taking the Proficiency Assessment and TFH Training Workshop as the study workbook is replacing the 20 Balance records previously required before the workshop. (60 hours class time credit is applicable to the completion of this workbook.)
• There are 2 study workbooks to choose from – contact Michelle (email@example.com) for a sample of each and choose the one that is right for you.
• Submit the completed study workbook to Michelle. We will submit it to a Proficiency Assessor. The study workbooks are marked by assessors before you may complete the hands-on Proficiency exam.
• The TFH Instructor Training Workshop (ITW) is provided by an appointed IKC Faculty member or trainer. In Canada the TFH Instructor Training Workshop is available with either Cheryn Donaldson, or Holly Berezowski. Arlene Green and Matthew Thie are the IKC Faculty in the USA. A person can travel to other countries to take the ITW. Alexis Costello is an Trainer for Costa Rica.
• Those wanting to be a registered instructor will pay for and apply for their registered instructor certificate.
• Everyone attending gets an Attendance Certificate. The Registered Instructor Certificate is separate from this and costs extra and can only be provided to those who pass. Even if someone doesn’t pass the class they get the attendance certificate.
How to Update Your Touch for Health Instructor Status
Whenever you are due for a Touch for Health Instructor update (every 3 years), Michelle at the office will contact you to let you know your expiry date and what you need to do to complete your update. The TFH Update is 15 hours in length.
First Time Renewals
The first update has to be done in person with the IKC Faculty for the country they are in. For Canada that is Cheryn Donaldson.
Second time renewals and beyond:
For subsequent updates, you may complete the first day of a Proficiency Workshop with a TFH Trainer. On the second day you can complete an Instructor Trainer Update Session either in person or online with an IKC Faculty member (Cheryn Donaldson or Arlene Green.) Dates for update sessions with Cheryn will be posted. Conference attendance can be used as part of your update requirements.
Heather Phillips, HBPE